WHAT IT IS
Telematics is the technology used to monitor a wide range of information relating to an individual vehicle or an entire fleet. Telematics systems gather data including vehicle location, driver behavior, engine diagnostics and vehicle activity, and visualize this data on software platforms that help fleet operators manage their resources.
OEM’s Telematics systems involve the following:
- The technology of sending, receiving and storing information using telecommunication devices to control remote objects
- The integrated use of telecommunications and informatics for application in vehicles and to control vehicles on the move
All of OEM Data Delivery’s tracking products are compatible with all equipment brands, models and manufacture dates.
HOW IT WORKS
Fleet telematics gathers a range of data using Global Positioning System (GPS) technology, sensors and vehicle engine data to provide fleet operators with the information they need to manage their fleet.
- GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM (GPS) TECHNOLOGY – powers live visibility into vehicle location, speed and movement within points of interest through geofencing.
- SENSORS – enable the capture of data on driver activity, including aggressive acceleration, harsh braking and erratic cornering, but sensors can be used to monitor any in-vehicle activity such as a door opening, tail lift raising and even trailer temperature.
- ENGINE DIAGNOSTICS – pull data directly from the in-vehicle diagnostics system and are primarily used to gather real-time data on fuel efficiency and vehicle odometer readings that help power digital fleet maintenance solutions.
All this data is then transmitted over a private cellular network to a secure server. It is this central data hub that enables fleet management software to provide easy-to-understand visualizations that help fleet managers optimize their operation. OEMDD also offers devices where data can be temporarily stored, when permanent or long-term storage is not feasible.
OEM Data Delivery has partnered with some leading edge solutions providers like Morey & Geotab to offer a stand-alone data collection device. Our partners bring enterprise-level solutions to manufactures, after-market suppliers and communication service providers ranging from telematics products, purpose-built edge devices and the commercialization of new and evolving wireless electronics. Work with one of our partners or we’ll integrate with your existing system.
A STAND-ALONE OPTION
Many businesses have telematics in place yet need a better way to manage their data.
OEMDD offers many ways of connecting telematic units to any piece of equipment: 3-wire simple wire harness, OBDII and even J-1939. Units collect data points (depending on supplied data) e.g., location, hours, fuel, voltage, live GPS, and breadcrumbs trails, from assets to which it is attached. Units also have the Bluetooth® capture antenna and will capture all of the OEMDD BT product line.
A single cell unit installed on a major piece of equipment can collect data from hundreds of BT Trackers and Tags.
Don’t see your company listed above? Please let us know and we will contact them to work out a program to suit your needs.